07 Jul TSMC’s Get Healthy Guide
Lately there has been a growing awareness about health and nutrition, and the importance of eating right. However, a lot of people tend to mistake eating to lose weight as a healthy diet. The difference is one can eat healthy and lose weight; however eating to lose weight is not always a healthy diet. There are a few guidelines you can use to ensure you are eating healthy – TSMC breaks it down for you!
- A simple rule to follow is to eat the right amount of calories for your lifestyle, so you balance the energy you consume with the energy you use. If you eat or drink too much, you’ll put on weight. If you eat and drink too little, you’ll lose weight. It is recommended that men have around 2,500 calories a day. Women should have around 2,000 calories a day.
- Eat a wide range of foods to ensure that you’re getting a balanced diet – fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat.
- Fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals. Non-vegetarians should aim to eat at least two portions of fish a week, including at least one portion of oily fish like Salmon or Rawas. Oily fish contains omega-3 fats, which has multiple health benefits.
- Eggs are a great source of protein and are one of the cheapest too. However, try to limit the amount of egg yolks you consume, as they are high in cholesterol.
- For those who’s primary source of protein is chicken, try to stick to leaner cuts like the breast as opposed to more fatty cuts like the thigh.
- Try to limit the number of sugary drinks and foods you consume as that can lead to weight gain and tooth decay.
- Be watchful of how much salt you eat. Try to limit your salt intake to no more than 6g a day; eating more can result in high blood pressure.
- Drink plenty of water. This will keep you hydrated, will help your skin look fresh and will also help with digestion.
- Try to make sure your breakfast is loaded with protein. Protein takes more time to digest and therefore keeps you full for longer.
TSMC prides itself on quality cuts of meat and seafood and delivers them to your doorstep as fresh as can be. Health starts from the choices you make for yourself and your family – choose right, choose healthy, choose quality.
For more information, please write to us at email@example.com or call us on 022-24934242.